Led by Susy Keely
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday, a twice-monthly drop-in group for meditators
This group provides a consistent opportunity to sit, connect, and explore ways that sustain and deepen your individual meditation practice.
Meditators of all levels and traditions are invited to attend. While teaching support will be given from a Buddhist meditation perspective, those who practice any contemplative or meditative tradition (spiritual, religious, or secular) are welcome. The focus of the group will be on the pragmatic use of meditative tools and approaches to help us move towards our goals, whatever they may be. Communicating and learning about what works, nourishes, and supports us as meditation practitioners will provide the common ground.
While there will be a space for speaking and inquiring together in a supportive and practice-oriented way, those who wish to offer their presence in silence are always welcome.
The Practice Circle provides:
- An opportunity to sit and connect with other meditators.
- A drop-in space where you can ask questions and get teacher support.
- A place to gain inspiration from practice and dialogue.
- 30 minute guided or silent meditation
- 20 minute Q&A and sharing dialogue
- 20 minute guided exploration of methods and topical discussions
2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 7:00pm-8:30pm
5100 E. The Toledo.
Long Beach, California 90803
We meet in the Gabrielson Chapel of the Bay Shore Church on The Toledo and Granada in Belmont Shore.
Parking: There is a city owned lot across Granada. There is also street parking.
Important Note: There is a wheelchair ramp to the left of the main entrance.
Cost: Free with a suggested donation of $10 to help keep our doors open, compensate teacher, and make classes available for those who cannot afford them. If you would like to join us in this practice of dana or generosity, please consider contributing:
- We have cushions, zafus, benches and comfortable chairs on hand.
- Come early to help set-up or stay and help clean-up.