Led by Jokai Blackwell
The essence of just sitting meditation is nothing less than the full expression of our natural, original self. In allowing the present experience to reveal itself as it is, the self-constructions that we perceive as hindrances can be dissolved. In this workshop we will explore the subtle and profound art of meditation beyond method.
This workshop is suitable for beginner and experienced meditators.
Refunds are available up to 24 hours before the course.
Bay Shore Church
5100 The Toledo
Long Beach, CA 90803
We meet in the Gabrielson Chapel of the Bay Shore Church on The Toledo and Granada in Belmont Shore.
Parking: There is a free lot across Granada Ave. There is free public parking available except from noon Saturday through noon Sunday. Street parking is also available. Please observe all parking signs.
Equipment: We have different styles of zafus (firm sitting cushions), zabutons (floor mats), benches and comfortable chairs on hand.
Questions?: Email us at email@example.com.
Please consider bringing
- A snack or drink for yourself and/or to contribute.
- Your own sitting gear, if preferred.
- A donation/dana for the teacher.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and shoes that are easy to slip on and off.
- An extra wrap like a blanket or shawl to keep warm during the sits.
- DO NOT wear scented perfumes and fragrances.
- TURN OFF your cell phone for the duration of the event.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes early to get settled.
Financial Assistance: No one is turned away for lack of funds! If you are unable to pay all or part of the fee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are grateful to have Jokai Blackwell, a Zen Sensei in the White Plum Lineage as our teacher for this retreat. He currently serves as Vice Abbott at the Yokoji Zen Mountain Center. His teaching emphasizes the direct experience of awakening, using contemporary language and time-honored methods.