Led by Franz Manfredi
Ignite and deepen your commitment to your own freedom.
In Buddhist cultures worldwide, the full moon is a time to connect, deepen, or renew our meditation practice and align with our highest values.
This workshop will include:
- Mindfulness meditation instructions
- Guided meditations
- Readings from the teachings of the Buddha
- Traditional Buddhist chants!
Saturday, July 28, 2018 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Suggested donation: $15
Bay Shore Church
5100 The Toledo
Long Beach, CA 90803
We will meet in the Gabrielson Chapel of the Bay Shore Church located on The Toledo and Granada in Belmont Shore.
Parking: There is a free lot across Granada Ave. There is public parking available except from noon Saturday through noon Sunday. Street parking is also available, please observe all parking signs.
Equipment: We have different styles of zafus (firm sitting cushions), zabutons (floor mats), benches and comfortable chairs on hand.
Questions?: Email us at email@example.com.
Please consider bringing
- A snack or drink to share with the group.
- Your own sitting gear, if preferred.
- Dana (a donation) for the teacher.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and shoes that are easy to slip on and off.
- An extra wrap like a blanket or shawl to keep warm during the sits.
- DO NOT wear scented perfumes and fragrances.
- TURN OFF your cell phone for the duration of the event.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early to get settled.
Financial Assistance: No one is turned away for lack of funds! If you are unable to pay all or part of the fee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Franz is a Community Dharma Leader at the Long Beach Meditation Center where his passion to share the teachings of the Buddha springs from the revolution they have created in his own life. He spent his youth life studying and practicing Hindu meditation and philosophy, which included several pilgrimages to Bengal, India (where he received tantric initiation and instruction in the Dakshina Kali tradition), and Vrindavan, India (where he received Vaishnava initiation and Mantra meditation instruction).
After completing a Bachelor of Arts degree in World Music performance (India/Indonesia), Franz started a family in Long Beach where he and his sons live today. For the past five years Franz has made an in-depth study of Early Buddhist Mindfulness Meditation rooted in Theravada Buddhism guided by the teachings of Gil Fronsdal.