Freedom From Self-Construction in Meditation
Led by Jokai Blackwell
Learning the art of just sitting involves shifting away from adding to one’s self-identity while meditating. However numerous and compelling our thoughts appear, if we cease to manipulate our experience we can directly realize unchanging awareness. In this workshop we will explore the simple, profound meditation of just being as we are. Suitable for beginning and experienced meditators alike.
Saturday, February 24, 2018, 10:00am - 12:00pm
(No one is turned away for lack of funds)
Refunds are available up to a week before the course. After that time a $5 service fee will be incurred plus the cost of any classes attended.
Bay Shore Church
5100 The Toledo
Long Beach, CA 90803
We meet in the Gabrielson Chapel of the Bay Shore Church on The Toledo and Granada in Belmont Shore.
Parking: There is a city owned lot across Granada, it says No Parking, but only noon Saturday through noon Sunday. Otherwise it's free. There is also street parking.
Important Note: There is a wheelchair ramp to the left of the main entrance.
Equipment: We have different styles of zafus (firm sitting cushions), zabutons (floor mats), benches and comfortable chairs on hand.
Financial Assistance: If you are unable to pay all or part of the fee please email us. No one is turned away for lack of funds!
Questions?: If you have concerns or questions about attending this retreat, please contact our Retreat Coordinator.
- A snack or drink for yourself and/or to contribute.
- Your own sitting gear, if preferred.
- A donation/dana to help compensate our teacher!
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and shoes that are easy to slip on and off.
- An extra wrap like a blanket or shawl to keep warm during the sits.
- DO NOT wear scented perfumes and remember.
- TURN OFF your cell phone for the duration of the retreat.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes early to get settled.