Foundations of Mindfulness
The Basics of Practice
Led by Franz Manfredi
New to meditation? Join us for a morning of practice and partake in alternating periods of sitting, walking and lying down meditation together. We will practice Mindfulness according to the Buddha's instructions through the "Four Postures" and explore the meeting point of Metta (loving kindness) and Mindfulness.
Meditators of all levels are welcome. Basic instruction on sitting and walking meditation will be given for those new to meditation. Coffee, tea and any snacks you contribute are provided.
November 4th, 2017, 9:00am - 12:00pm
(No one is turned away for lack of funds)
Refunds are available up to a week before the course. After that time a $5 service fee will be incurred plus the cost of any classes attended.
Bay Shore Church
5100 The Toledo
Long Beach, CA 90803
We meet in the Gabrielson Chapel of the Bay Shore Church on The Toledo and Granada in Belmont Shore.
Parking: There is a city owned lot across Granada. There is also street parking.
Important Note: There is a wheelchair ramp to the left of the main entrance.
- A snack or drink for yourself and/or to contribute.
- Your own sitting gear, if preferred.
- An offering of donation/dana to help compensate our teacher.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and shoes that are easy to slip on and off.
- An extra wrap like a blanket or shawl to keep warm during the sits.
- DO NOT wear scented perfumes.
- TURN OFF your cell phone for the duration of the retreat.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes early to get settled.
Equipment: We have different styles of zafus (firm sitting cushions), zabutons (floor mats), benches and comfortable chairs on hand.
Financial Assistance: If you are unable to pay all or part of the fee please email us. No one is turned away for lack of funds!
Questions: If you have concerns or questions about attending this retreat, please contact our Retreat Coordinator.