Led by Tim Colohan
An introduction into the 5 types of meditation as presented in The Compass of Zen, by Zen Master Seung Sahn (Shambhala Publications, 1997).
These meditation types include:
- Outer Path Meditation
- Common People's Meditation
- Vipassana (Insight) Meditation
- Mahayana Meditation
- Utmost Vehicle Zen Meditation
This workshop is suitable for beginning and experienced meditators.
Refunds are available up to 24 hours before the course.
Bay Shore Church
5100 The Toledo
Long Beach, CA 90803
We meet in the Gabrielson Chapel of the Bay Shore Church on The Toledo and Granada in Belmont Shore.
Parking: There is a free lot across Granada Ave. There is free public parking available except from noon Saturday through noon Sunday. Street parking is also available. Please observe all parking signs.
Equipment: We have different styles of zafus (firm sitting cushions), zabutons (floor mats), benches and comfortable chairs on hand.
Questions?: Email us at email@example.com.
Please consider bringing
- A snack or drink for yourself and/or to contribute.
- Your own sitting gear, if preferred.
- A donation/dana for the teacher.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and shoes that are easy to slip on and off.
- An extra wrap like a blanket or shawl to keep warm during the sits.
- DO NOT wear scented perfumes and fragrances.
- TURN OFF your cell phone for the duration of the event.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes early to get settled.
Financial Assistance: No one is turned away for lack of funds! If you are unable to pay all or part of the fee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Colohan, Senior Dharma Teacher of the Kwan Um School of Zen, started training with Zen Master Seung Sahn in Los Angeles in 1985 and travelled to Korea to sit his first of many 90-day silent Kyol Che retreats in 1995. He currently teaches at various locations in California and is completing certifications in Yoga Nidra and iRest Integration. His intention is to use these protocols to help veterans, the homeless, and other underserved communities.