Led by Jokai Blackwell
This morning workshop will be a meditation focused exploration of this month’s teaching theme, The Fourth Noble Truth of Buddhism, the truth of the path out of suffering. We will actively practice the aspects of wisdom found in the first two steps of the eightfold path, right view and right intention.
The workshop will include:
- Opening meditation
- Review of the first two parts of the Eightfold Path, Right View and Right Intention. How do we practice wisdom in meditation and expand this practice into our daily lives?
- Q & A and group discussion
- Closing meditation
As part of LBM’s foundational teachings series, this workshop will focus on the practice of meditation. To gain the most benefit, it is recommended to attend the Dharma study class offered two weeks before this meditation workshop led by Khaydroup Zangmo on August 4th. The Dharma study class will introduce the concepts used in this meditation practice workshop in depth. However, if not able to attend the Dharma study class, this mediation workshop will offer a brief review of the concepts covered in the Dharma study class.
This workshop is suitable for meditators of all levels.
Refunds are available up to 24 hours before the course.
Bay Shore Church
5100 The Toledo
Long Beach, CA 90803
We meet in the Gabrielson Chapel of the Bay Shore Church on The Toledo and Granada in Belmont Shore.
Parking: There is a free lot across Granada Ave. There is free public parking available except from noon Saturday through noon Sunday. Street parking is also available. Please observe all parking signs.
Equipment: We have different styles of zafus (firm sitting cushions), zabutons (floor mats), benches and comfortable chairs on hand.
Questions?: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider bringing
- A snack or drink for yourself and/or to contribute.
- Your own sitting gear, if preferred.
- A donation/dana for the teacher.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and shoes that are easy to slip on and off.
- An extra wrap like a blanket or shawl to keep warm during the sits.
- DO NOT wear scented perfumes and fragrances.
- TURN OFF your cell phone for the duration of the event.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes early to get settled.
Financial Assistance: No one is turned away for lack of funds! If you are unable to pay all or part of the fee, please email us at email@example.com
Jokai Blackwell Sensei relocated to Southern California from the UK in 2000 to study with Charles Tenshin Fletcher Roshi at Yokoji Zen Mountain Center. After completing formal study, encompassing over a decade of residential training and service, he received Dharma Transmission (full authorization to teach) in the White Plum Lineage of Zen Buddhism. Jokai emphasizes the direct experience of awakening using contemporary language and time-honored methods.